ProetKontra terms and conditions
Without advanced notice and at any time, we may, for violations of this agreement or for any other reason we choose: suspend your access to ProetKontra, suspend or terminate your account, and/or remove any of your user content from ProetKontra.
We reserve the right to monitor ProetKontra, and your use of service means you agree to such monitoring. At the same time, we do not guarantee we will monitor ProetKontra at all.
ProetKontra is designed and supported for your own lawful use. You may not use ProetKontra to break the law, violate an individual’s privacy or rights, or infringe any person or entity’s intellectual property or any other proprietary rights.
All content should be considered general in nature. We are not responsible for any decisions you make based on something you have read on ProetKontra.
ProetKontra is not intended to be a marketplace for any goods and services. However, you may find commercial links, coupons, deals, advertisements and other third-party offers on ProetKontra. In addition, ProetKontra may have affiliate relationships with certain of these third parties and may receive compensation for any purchases made from them. ProetKontra is not a party to, nor in any way responsible for, any transactions you have with these third parties, even if ProetKontra has an affiliate relationship with such parties. For this reason, any transactions you undertake are your responsibility alone. Caution is advised.
You may use your ProetKontra profile to link information about your website, business, blog or social media to allow readers a sense of credibility in your content. However, any direct advertising of goods and services is not allowed without prior written consent from us.
You may not use ProetKontra to conduct transactions for any illegal goods or services.
To participate on ProetKontra, you must create an account that includes a username and password and contact information in the form of an email. If you want to reset your password or have us contact you all correspondence will be through email provided. You can always browse ProetKontra without logging in but require an account to request and provide content. You are solely responsible for the information associated with your account and anything that happens related to your account. You may not license, transfer, sell, or assign your account without our written approval.
We grant you the right to access the content on ProetKontra in the manner described in this agreement. You may not otherwise make unauthorised commercial use of, reproduce, prepare derivative works, distribute copies, perform, or publicly display ProetKontra content, except as permitted by the doctrine of fair use or as authorized in writing by us.
You retain the rights to your copyrighted content or information that you submit to ProetKontra except as described below.
By submitting content to ProetKontra, you grant us royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable, non-exclusive, unrestricted, worldwide licence to reproduce, prepare derivative works, distribute copies, perform or publicly display your user content in any medium and for any purpose, including commercial purposes, and authorize others to do so.
You agree that you have right to submit anything you post, and that your user content does not violate the copyright, trademark, trade secret or any other personal or proprietary right of any other party.
We do not endorse user content. We take no responsibility for, we do not expressly or implicitly endorse, and we do not assume any liability for any user content submitted by you to ProetKontra.
ProetKontra content policy
These guidelines are intended to keep people safe, protect kids, keep ProetKontra running, and to encourage personal responsibility for what you do on ProetKontra.
ProetKontra is a platform for communities to discuss, connect, and share in an open environment, which its entire basis is based upon examining sides from both sides of a topic. The nature of this content may be disagreeable or controversial but while participating its important to keep in mind this value above all others: show enough respect to others to allow an enjoyable and informative experience on ProetKontra.
People may express any views they like as long as they don’t violate the following terms:
Content is prohibited if it
- Is illegal
- Is involuntary pornography
- Encourages or incites violence
- Threatens, harasses, or bullies
- Is personal and confidential information
- Impersonates someone in a misleading or deceptive manner
- Is spam.
In addition to not submiiting unwelcome content, the following behaviours are prohibited on ProetKontra:
- Asking for votes or engaging in vote manipulation
- ‘Breaking’ ProetKontra or doing anything that interferes with the normal use of ProetKontra.
- Creating multiple accounts to evade punishment or avoid restrictions.
Content that contains nudity, pornography, or profanity, which a reasonable viewer may not want to be seen accessing in a public or formal sphere, such as a workplace, should be tagged with NSFW (Not Suitable For Work). This tag can be applied to topics or user content.
We have a variety of ways of enforcing our rules, including, but not limited to
- Asking you nicely to stop
- Asking you more sternly
- Temporary or permanent suspension of accounts
- Removal of privileges from, or adding restrictions to, accounts
- Adding restrictions to ProetKontra topics, such as adding NSFW tags or quarantining
- Removal of content
- Banning of ProetKontra topics
You may not post any graphics, text, photographs, images, video, audio or other material that we deem to be junk or spam. Cluttering ProetKontra with this sort of content reduces the quality of the user experience.
You may not purposefully negate any user’s actions to delete or edit their content on ProetKontra. This is intended to respect the privacy of users who delete or edit their content, and is not intended to abridge the fair use or the expressive rights shared by us all.
You agree not to interrupt the serving of ProetKontra, introduce malicious code, make it difficult for anyone else to use ProetKontra due to your actions, attempt to manipulate votes or ProetKontra systems or assist anyone in misusing ProetKontra in any way.
ProetKontra is not directed at people under the age of 13, and ProetKontra does not knowingly collect any personal information from such people. If you know that a user is under the age of 13 please contact us.
Spam and Self promotion
Your profile should provide users with your web and social media information. It is not necessary to provide links to within content you post on ProetKontra. Quality content will incentivise users to access your alternative sources of content.
You may post links to sites that are relevant to your content but repeated and excessive use will be flagged and investigates. At our discretion we will determine if your content is spam and if so will be removed.
Copyright, DMCA and takedowns.
We will respond to legitimate requests under the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA), and we retain the right to remove user content on ProetKontra that we deem to be infringing the copyright of others. If you become aware of user content on ProetKontra that infringes your copyright rights, you may submit a properly formatted DMCA request to ProetKontra.
Misrepresentations of infringement can result in liability for monetary damages. You may want to consult an attorney before taking any action pursuant to the DMCA.
It is ProetKontra policy to close the account of users we identify a repeat infringers. We apply this policy at our discretion and in appropriate circumstances, such as when a user has repeatedly been charged with infringing the copyright of other intellectual property rights of others.
All things you do and all the information you submit or post to ProetKontra remain your responsibility. Indemnity is basically you will not hold us legally liable for any of your user content or actions that infringe the law or the rights of a third party or a person in any way.
Specifically, you agree to hold ProetKontra, its affiliates, officers, directors, employees, agents, and third party service providers harmless from and defend them against any claims, costs, damages, losses, expenses, and any other liabilities, including attorneys’ fees and costs, arising out of or related to your access to or use of reddit, your violation of this user agreement, and/or your violation of the rights of any third party or person.
Disclaimer of warranties
ProetKontra is provided “as is” and without warranty of any kind. To the maximum extent permitted by law, we and our affiliates and third party service providers disclaim any and all warranties, express or implied, including (but not limited to) implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, and non-infringement of proprietary rights, or any other warranty, condition, guarantee or representation, whether oral or electronic. You are solely responsible for any damage to your computer or mobile device, loss of use, or loss of your user content. We do not guarantee that ProetKontra will always work properly.
Limitation of liability
We will not be liable for any special, consequential, indirect, incidental, punitive, reliance, or exemplary damages, whether in tort, contract, or any other legal theory, arising out of or in any way connected with this agreement or your use of or attempt to use ProetKontra, including (but not limited to) damages for loss of profits, goodwill, use, or data. This limitation on liability shall not be affected even if we have been advised of the possibility of such damages. Some states do not allow for the exclusion of implied warranties or the limitation or exclusion of liability for incidental or consequential damages, so the above exclusions may not apply to you. You may have other rights that vary from state to state.
You agree to release us, our affiliates, and third-party service providers, and each associated director, employee, agents, and officers, from claims, demands and damages (actual and consequential), of every kind and nature, known and unknown, disclosed or undisclosed, arising out of or in any way connected to your use of ProetKontra.
Changes to this user agreement
This user agreement is the entire agreement between you and us concerning ProetKontra. It supersedes all prior or to contemporaneous agreements between you and us. We may modify this user agreement at any time. If we make changes to this agreement that materially affect your rights, we will provide advanced notice and keep this edition available as an archive on the ProetKontra website. By continuing to use ProetKontra after a change to this agreement, you agree to those changes.
We collect information you provide directly to us when you use our services. This includes:
Information regarding your use of the services:
We collect the content and other information you provide when you use our services. This includes information used to create your account (username, password, email), account preferences, the content of private messages between you and other users or communities, and the content of information you post to ProetKontra (text, pictures, links).
Information we collect automatically.
When you access our services, we may also automatically collect information about you. This includes:
Log and usage data:
We may log information when you access and use the Services. This may include your IP address, user-agent string, browser type, operating system, referral URLs, device information (e.g., device IDs), pages visited, links clicked, user interactions (e.g., voting data), the requested URL, hardware settings, and search terms. Except for the IP address used to create your account, ProetKontra will delete any IP addresses collected after 100 days.
We may receive information from cookies, which are pieces of data your browser stores and sends back to us when making requests. We use this information to improve your experience, understand user activity, personalize content and advertisements, and improve the quality of our Services. For example, we store and retrieve information about your preferred language and other settings.
With your consent, we may collect information about the specific location of your mobile device (for example, by using GPS or Bluetooth). You can revoke this consent at any time by changing the preferences on your device, but doing so may affect your ability to use all of the features and functionality of our Services port or otherwise communicate with us.
How we use the information about you
We use the information about you to:
- Provide, maintain, and improve the Services;
- Help protect the safety of our users, which includes blocking suspected spammers, addressing abuse, and enforcing the user agreement;
- Send you technical notices, updates, security alerts, invoices and other support and administrative messages;
- Provide customer service;
- Communicate with you about products, services, offers, promotions, and events, and provide other news and information we think will be of interest to you
- Monitor and analyze trends, usage, and activities in connection with our Services; and
- Personalize the Services and provide advertisements, content and features that match user profiles or interests.
When you use the Services, certain information may be shared with other users and the public. For example:
- When you submit a post or comment to the Services, visitors to and users of our Services will be able to see the content of your posts and comments, the username associated with your posts or comments, and the date and time you originally submitted the post or comment.
- When other users view your profile, they will be able to see information about your activities on the Services, such as your username, prior posts and comments and how long you have been a member of the Services.
- Please note that, even when you delete your account, the posts, comments and messages you submit through the Services may still be viewable or available on our servers.
Please note that, even when you delete your account, the posts, comments and messages you submit through the Services may still be viewable or available on our servers. For more information, see “Your Choices” below.
We will not share, sell, or give away any of our users’ personal information to third parties, unless one of the following circumstances applies:
- Except as it relates to advertisers and our ad partners, we may share information with vendors, consultants, and other service providers who need access to such information to carry out work for us;
- We may share information (and will attempt to provide you with prior notice, to the extent legally permissible) in response to a request for information if we believe disclosure is in accordance with, or required by, any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request, including, but not limited to, meeting national security or law enforcement requirements;
- We may share information in response to an emergency if we believe it’s necessary to prevent imminent and serious bodily harm to a person;
- We may share information if we believe your actions are inconsistent with our user agreements, rules, or other ProetKontra policies, or to protect the rights, property, and safety of ourselves and others;
- We may share information between and among ProetKontra, and its current and future parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, and other companies under common control and ownership; and
- We may share information with your consent or at your direction.
- We may share aggregated or de-identified information, which cannot reasonably be used to identify you.
We may partner with third-party advertisers, ad networks, and analytics providers to deliver advertising and content targeted to your interests and to be better understood your use of services. These third parties may collect information sent by your computer, browser, or mobile device I response to a request for content, such as unique identifiers, your IP address, or other information about your computer or device. For example:
- We use analytics partners to help analyze usage and traffic for our Services. As an example, we may use analytics partners to analyze and measure, in the aggregate, the number of unique visitors to our Services.
We take reasonable measures to help protect information about you from loss, theft, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction.